One of My Favorite Memories

One of My Favorite Memories
My daughter,Amy...My husband,Craig & Me in Boston

I "HEART" YOU!!!!!!!

I "HEART" YOU!!!!!!!
"Don't Waste Time hating those who hate you! Instead Spend Time loving Those Who Love You!

Please Be Gentle

Please Be Gentle
I Have RSD/CRPS..Please Be Gentle..

OH The Magic And The Memories

OH The Magic And The Memories
I Love My Family So Much!

My Forever Love

My Forever Love
My Prince Finally Came!!!!

OMG!

OMG!
Oh My Goodness!!! Look At That!

We Are All Together

We Are All Together
Now...Life Is Good Again!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day #2 : ..And Amy makes "3"....My Sweet Pea!!!

My Daughter Amy and "me" /Mommy
My Daughter and Me
Momma & Amy Goofing off for the camera!
Momma & Amy on another Shopping Trip Having a blast!
Momma and Daughter Time in AZ
Amy & Momma soaking up the sunshine in Scottsdale, AZ
Mother & Daughter sharing a soda together
Momma & Amy sharing a soda & special moments together
This is Camel Back Mtn. In Phoenix AZ
Camel Back MTN. in Phoenix ,AZ
Dear Blogee's....
Remember That Song "You're The Love Of My Life"? Well, it was Written just for me and how I feel about my daughter, Amy....and The Story Goes Like This:
OH the fun we have had !!! The days we have shared together!!! The love and friendship that we feel inside….My daughter,Amy and I have a very special relationship!  She is my daughter, I am her mother first and foremost; but we are also best friends.
  It all started when she was born, I believe we bonded in a very different and wonderful way.  the 43 hours of labor and the C-section weren’t such a “bonding experience” LOL but afterwards, we had 5 whole days together; “rooming in” , they called it.  Just her and I all alone and together in the same room and the same bed for the most part; cuddling and cajoling and snuggling for 5 days that I would remember for the rest of my life as some of the most special, comforting , fun, love-felt,  super fabulous days of my life!
   Then I brought Amy home and she was a wonderful baby,child, adolescent and now young woman!! I have so many great memories and many more to come, I pray. I can only hope that Amy has these memories or her own great ones from her favorite experiences. Since the day I brought her home from the hospital and through her graduation from the University with High honors and all through her Scottish Highland dancing days; we’ve had some wonderful experiences together that will keep me smiling and keep my heart full for the rest of my life.
    One time in about the year 2006, Amy and I went to Arizona alone; just the two of us. We had such a fun time staying in our own hotel room, going down to the pool and hot tub ourselves and having “virgin” pina coloda’s brought to us at the pool! Ahhhh the dayz ….those HOT Summer-y days in Scottsdale just my daughter and me. We even found our favourite song that we now call “our song” because whenever we hear it or heard it , we would dance and sing in our hotel room to our hearts content!! (*I did what I could do as far as moving goes but she never seemed to mind!! I did my best and never cared if it hurt afterwards because it was so waaaay worth it!!). The song is “Dancing in the Moonlight” and If I could show you the “video memory” in my mind, I would show you the love of a mom and daughter dancing together, laughing together, singing together to the music of a fun song and just having a great time being in each other’s company!
   Oh the fun we have had together shopping and going on vacations and even just being home together or having a lunch out someplace or even just going to our special “Sweet Afton’s” tea room. We do it all and have great fun and more wonderful memories made each time! I can always look back on my times spent with Amy as some of the best and most beautiful memories in my life. Even as a baby she was so sweet and adorable….she always wanted to have me near her. I had to buy a “snugli” sac to put on the front of my body so I could vacuum the house with her attached to me, otherwise she would cry and scream if I wasn’t near her or she couldn’t see me. I would never have gotten anything done!!  Ha Ha…so I went with it and got the “snugli” sac and lo and behold we were both happy and I could still get my housework done!
   When she was a little girl people would stop me and tell me “oh She is such a pretty little girl”, “Oh what an adorable child you have” , or “Oh my gosh you should get her into modelling, she is just precious”.  Well, she was and is “Amy” and she would “steal the hearts” of many and still does to this day! I’ve figured out why she does this and how she does it….it’s because not only is she a beautiful young woman on the outside, but her insides is filled with beauty, awe,love, inspiration, thirst for knowledge and a special caring attitude that just “touches” everyone that gets to know her.
   Amy is my “Amy Joy” and my “Sweet Pea”, just a few of the nicknames that I’ve given her over the years. To her, I am “Mommy” , “Momma”, ‘Mom” and when we are having  fun or being silly then I am “sh-Mommy”  and now since she’s gotten her baby birdie “Matilda”, she calls me “Gammy”….ha ha….Lord above, I’m a “grandma” to a bird now! Who would’ve ever thought that a Parrot would have been my first “grandchild”! LOL…but she is precious too. The two of them together have a bond like I’ve never seen before and it is growing each day. Matilda will just sit on Amy’s body and especially if she is wearing a “hoodie” and she will hold the “tie/laces” for the Hoodie in her mouth and just lie there for an hour and be petted. She’ll make little “meow” sounds and we  know for sure that Matilda is content. Amy needed that bird! She needed that “bond”…she’s had so many losses in her life and I cannot fill all of those “holes” and I’m so happy that she has this new bond and friendship with Matilda.
    I know that some of my happiest memories are of being with Amy and going places such as : the mall, or out to eat, a movie, the tea room, and most of all our trip to Arizona! We really bonded during that trip and for the rest of my life I will have those memories and I hope that we make many more! I remember our trips together with Craig too, and how much fun we have had and the wonderful memories made then also. Amy and I would lay on rafts in the pool in Arizona (like in the picture above) and Craig would be sitting under an umbrella reading his book with great enthusiasm. He enjoyed being able to sit out in his swimsuit, in the hot Arizona sun and under the shade of a Palm tree while reading and watching us “play” in the water ;  while we drank our frozen “virgin” daquari or colada’s!!
      This story was going to be just about Amy and me. I have more stories later about the three of us and just Craig and I. But I have to say that we are very close and we can have a “tiff” and 5 minutes later it is gone…just like that! POOF! We get along marvelously and I am so happy to have them in my life. I wouldn’t trade either one of them for anything in the world! They give me strength and love and a feeling of being able to keep going on when my physical pain gets to be too much some days! We are here for each other, love each other and we take care of each other! That’s what a family does and this is the first time I’ve ever felt what “family” really is all about.  Though, I must say…when my 2 girls were smaller /younger, when I was a single mom and it was just the 3 of us. I also felt a huge sense of “family” and love and “togetherness”; like nothing in the world could ever tear apart that bond we had.  That story is for another day. This story of a mother and daughter and their favorite times together, this is for today! I love you Amy “Joy”, Amy Burnett; you are the “apple of my eye”.  You are my “Joy” on a somber day , that may be filled with pain; when everything’s feels like it’s going wrong.  I just think of you or you give me a smile or a look or sometimes you might just say something really cute and/or funny and it let’s me know that my life is not over because of pain or loss or feeling sad sometimes. I have a future with YOU and Craig and whoever comes our way that chooses to love us and be kind and loving…that is what we want and need in our lives…kindess and goodness.  My Amy “Joy”….she is the epitomy of  specialness, lovlieness and all that is wonderful and good in my world! I love you my Daughter, my Amy “Joy”, my “Sweet Pea”…the best daughter and best friend I could ever have in this world that is sometimes so hard and harsh.  Life can be hard to take and it is difficult to think ahead when I am in so much physical or mental pain..but on those days…those hard days when I  feel like giving up; I look at these pictures and I remember these memories and think of the memories we have yet to make…..and it get’s me through the day!! I love you Amy! Thank you for being my daughter and best friend! xoxoxo love, Momma, Mommy, SH-mommy xo
Thank you Blog-ees and friends for reading!!!

Mommy and Amy (6mos) <3

mommy loving on her "sweet pea"...Amy 7mos old!

Mommy & Amy at their 1st "quiet time" alone @ hospital right after birth


Mommy and Amy B (18 mos)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

My Videos

Loading...

Facebook Badge For "Jewelry Designs By Suzanne"

Be Aware and Be Supportive!!!!


glitter-graphics.com PLEASE BE AWARE AND SUPPORTIVE OF PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING THROUGH SUCH HARDSHIP IN THEIR LIFE, SUCH AS CANCER! YOU CAN GO TO WWW.CHEMOANGELS.COM AND BECOME A "CHEMO-ANGEL" LIKE ME!! YOU'D SEND SMALL GIFTS AND/OR CARDS, NOTES, LETTERS AFTER BEING "ASSIGNED TO A BUDDY" WHO IS GOING THROUGH CHEMO-TREATMENTS. CHEER UP SOMEONE'S DAY BECAUSE THEIR DAYS REALLY STINK! GIVE THEM A SMILE AND A CHEER OF HOPE!! YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO VISIT MY WEBSITE : WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/JEWERLYMKR AND VISIT THE "SUPPORT/AWARENESS" PAGES OF JEWELRY THAT I'VE DESIGNED AND CREATED FOR YOU TO WEAR OR TO BUY FOR SOMEONE THAT YOU LOVE AND/OR CARE ABOUT WHO IS GOING THROUGH CHEMO.

Come and See my Reviews of "hot spots", Restaurants and more!!

Amazon MP3 Clips

Followers