One of My Favorite Memories

One of My Favorite Memories
My daughter,Amy...My husband,Craig & Me in Boston

I "HEART" YOU!!!!!!!

I "HEART" YOU!!!!!!!
"Don't Waste Time hating those who hate you! Instead Spend Time loving Those Who Love You!

Please Be Gentle

Please Be Gentle
I Have RSD/CRPS..Please Be Gentle..

OH The Magic And The Memories

OH The Magic And The Memories
I Love My Family So Much!

My Forever Love

My Forever Love
My Prince Finally Came!!!!

OMG!

OMG!
Oh My Goodness!!! Look At That!

We Are All Together

We Are All Together
Now...Life Is Good Again!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Cost of Pain! **Author Unknown/But Wanted to Share With You!





 



Hello all...
I just wanted to send this out to help people with or without pain to realize what its like to live with pain.   We all don't want to dwell on this fact and we want to live life as normally as possible. We dont "want" to be this way...not ever...but I thought since more "awareness" is needed regarding this painful disease, I wanted to add this note up for anyone who wishes to read it...love,suzanne Stewart/RSD Mentor & Chemo-angel & special assignment "angel"


The Cost of Pain........................
the cost of prescriptions, medical treatments and devices, surgeries, insurance, disability payments, physical therapy, psychological therapy and such... yes you can add all those things up and get a total cost...but that is not the price of pain...the price of pain is more... The price of pain is the loss of self-respect when you can no longer complete personal grooming, cook meals or take care of your family the way you want to The price of pain is the loss of rewarding employment when you cannot perform the tasks to do the job you love. The price of pain is the loss of quality of life when you can't go biking with your children or dancing with your husband. The price of pain is the loss of relationships with friends and family when the pain and medication makes it impossible to even have a conversation or attend important events. The price of pain is no longer being independent when you cannot drive very far or shop for groceries alone. The price of pain is the depression and mental anguish the pain brings with it. The price of pain is the loss of sleep and the resulting problems sleep deprivation causes. The price of pain is the side effects of the medications taken in an attempt to survive the day. The price of pain is when you lose who you are in the pain. These things and more are the price of pain... It is the living every minute of everyday around what your pain level is or when you can take the next dose of medication,praying it will bring more pain relief than the last dose. When happiness is 4 hours of pain-free sleep or a day with only 75% of the usual pain. The price of pain is paid by the person in pain as well as those who love them. The price of pain is watching someone you love suffer day after day, night after night and you are helpless to ease their pain. The price of pain is when your child asks "Can you take me shopping or to a movie, if you are feeling Ok?"
The price of pain is beyond money, the price of pain is beyond words, The price of pain seems endless. The price of pain is is there until the day that person is free of the damaged body. The price of pain is all these things and more. But the pain is not me and I am not the pain. The pain is part of my life, but the pain will not take my life. I will fight, and though the pain fills my life it will not take my life. Each day I fight, I live, and show the pain who I am... though the pain may take much of my life it will not consume me-I will not allow the price to be that high... The price of pain is all this, but I am more


The RSD Support Ribbon


just a note that those in pain know all too well

my worse RSD foot with also Cellulitis

RSD Flare in my eyes!!!


after my cardiac cath radial cath was done my RSD flared and got worse in my wrist, hand, fingers etc..

swollen, hurting, burning "on fire" left foot with RSD

RT foot with worse RSD red/hot flaring!!

A few Pictures of a couple of places where I have RSD (Knees, feet and Left knee worse than right, right foot worse than left)
my poor hand is swollen,hurting **RSD FLARE!


2 comments:

  1. I think you are very brave to write a blog of your crps, I hope you have found it therapeutic and it has helped you to gain perspective on your condition, and other health issues. I do not think I would be brave enough to write such a blog, I prefer not to think of my CRPS or other health issues, prefer to put it to the back of my mind and pretend everything is okay - it is probably not the most healthy way for one to deal with it emotionally, so maybe i ought to take a leaf out of your book, and get blogging too. wishing you well in every way. Alan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alan, But if you look at my "WHOLE" Blog...this is about the first time I've written about my RSD/CRPS. I usually write about "FUN" and "FAMILY" and happy things...but I just added this as it is also a part of my life....I wish you well also...and sadly, the RSD though it is hugely painful, it is only one of the medical issues that I face. I was in a car accident in 2002 and have many many injuries still lingering from that event. Included from that accident is: TBI & 3 yrs of brain injury rehab, a pacemaker & 5 other surgeries,herniated & bulging lumbar/cervical discs (inoperable & very painful), polyneuropathy, vision/hearing loss (including 2 hearing aides and glasses now), OA,RA,CKDII,Hypogammaglobulinemia,Anemia,Atrial fibrillation,Asthma,GERD,SSS(an arythmia in which my heart is both too fast and too slow at times and the pacemaker helps this), also I have Dysautonamia with POTS/NCS....so it's alot and 99% of my blog is fun....I hope :) I try NOT to write about the bad stuff...I have a private blog that about 10 or 11 people are "allowed" to read. That is where I write some of the bad and it's safe...but I just wanted people to be aware of RSD/CRPS...thanks again and I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

My Videos

Loading...

Facebook Badge For "Jewelry Designs By Suzanne"

Be Aware and Be Supportive!!!!


glitter-graphics.com PLEASE BE AWARE AND SUPPORTIVE OF PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING THROUGH SUCH HARDSHIP IN THEIR LIFE, SUCH AS CANCER! YOU CAN GO TO WWW.CHEMOANGELS.COM AND BECOME A "CHEMO-ANGEL" LIKE ME!! YOU'D SEND SMALL GIFTS AND/OR CARDS, NOTES, LETTERS AFTER BEING "ASSIGNED TO A BUDDY" WHO IS GOING THROUGH CHEMO-TREATMENTS. CHEER UP SOMEONE'S DAY BECAUSE THEIR DAYS REALLY STINK! GIVE THEM A SMILE AND A CHEER OF HOPE!! YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO VISIT MY WEBSITE : WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/JEWERLYMKR AND VISIT THE "SUPPORT/AWARENESS" PAGES OF JEWELRY THAT I'VE DESIGNED AND CREATED FOR YOU TO WEAR OR TO BUY FOR SOMEONE THAT YOU LOVE AND/OR CARE ABOUT WHO IS GOING THROUGH CHEMO.

Come and See my Reviews of "hot spots", Restaurants and more!!

Amazon MP3 Clips

Followers